"Compassion Evangelical Hospital (CEH) shares the gospel of Jesus Christ while providing compassionate, quality, culturally appropriate healthcare and education."
Compassion Evangelical Hospital is a non-for-profit IRS approved 501c3 mission organization incorporated in the state of Michigan (U.S.A.) in 2004 which owns and operates the Compassion Evangelical Hospital and Clinic near the central city of Mamou, in the country of Guinea, West Africa.
Compassion Evangelical Hospital is a member of L'Association des Églises et des Missions Évangeliques de Guinée (L'AEMEG), an interdenominational mission and church association in Guinea, and is a member of the Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability (ECFA).
Governance is by a U.S.-based board. M. Étienne Ouattara is the hospital administrator. Jean Paul Gbilimou, MD, a Guinean with training in OB/GYN is the chief of staff. Additional staff include a general surgeon, three generalist physicians, a part-time ophthalmologist, and a dentist. The African medical support staff includes approximately 50 persons.
"Self-sustaining, African-led, whole person optimal health for Guineans."
CORE VALUES & DOCTRINAL
Recognized as a nonprofit charitable organization by the state of Michigan 10-5-2004 with the #790-164
Our 501c3 was granted by the IRS on Sept 21, 2005 and was effective Oct 19th 2004 the day of application.
2019 FINANCIAL REPORTS
The full year 2019 financials for CEH were as follows:
• Hospital revenues amounted to $244,125 for the full year.
• The operational support from the USA was $83,880, plus $84,260 for capital investment funding.
• In 2019 the hospital expenses were supported by hospital revenues at a rate of 66.35%.
• Hospital expenses in 2019 totaled $367,956, of which wage expenses amounted to $205,278, and non-wage expenses totaled $162,678.
The results for 2018 were as follows:
• Total revenues for the full year in 2018 were $216,355.
• The US operational support in 2018 was $57,140, and the funding for capital investment amounted to $93,465.
• In 2018 the hospital expenses were supported by hospital revenues at 67.0%.
• Hospital expenses in 2018 amounted to $322,869, of which wage expenses amounted to $158,417 and non-wage expenses totaled $164,452.